Monday 3 October 2011

Danner Jackal II GTX Hunting Boots

It was my Birthday a few days ago, and my lovely wife bought me these Danner Jackal II GTX boots. I'd been on the look out for some new hunting footwear for a while because after years of abuse my old Jack Pyke Countryman boots were looking worse for wear and start to feel a little sorry for themselves. They've served me well though, and I was tempted to just get another pair, until I saw the Danners in my local gunshop. Sitting on the shelf, all pretty in their Realtree AP camo finish I was instantly seduced. I've always wanted a pair of camo boots, and on these, even the soles were camouflaged.


Danner label these as 'hunting boots' but to be honest I'd be more tempted to call them 'stalking boots' due to their light weight and extremely soft soles, which enable you to 'feel' the ground, or any twigs, underfoot easily. That means you'll know your about to snap a twig before you actually put any weight on to it, which is vital if your going to try stalking through woodland. This for me is the most important aspect of any hunting footwear and is the reason I often wear trainers when I'm out stalking. I'll sacrifice wet feet for a silent stalk any day! Luckily with the Danners I don't have to, because as well as feeling like a trainer, they are also totally waterproof and more importantly, breathable so your feet stay dry both from the inside, and outside.

As these are so new I won't give my final verdict until I've worn them more, but I will say that so far, the quality of finish has left me more than impressed and I'm confident they will do what good boots are supposed to, and that is let me get on with the job in hand, without me even thinking about them.

4 comments:

  1. 27 styles of Hunting Footwear from Irish Setter, Remington, Woods N' Stream, and more at Sierra Trading Post. 24/7 Customer Service. Maria Shelton

    ReplyDelete
  2. The inner Gore-Tex membrane is incredibly breathable that lets sweat vapors leave the boot as well as guard against cold and moisture by repelling water and wicking away moisture. Best cold weather hunting boots

    ReplyDelete
  3. This info is well worth reading.
    Very in-depth indeed.
    Thumbs up!
    Good work must be appreciated.
    Looking for consistent updates from you.
    Well, they’ve also covered some more tips around this topic in their site!
    Click The Website To Learn More

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for this update resources
    huntingspro

    ReplyDelete